Damart Design Project: I'm a finalist!





 After 8 weeks my hoody and onesie were complete and taken away to be viewed by the competition judges from Damart. The project had been really stressful, and though I was pleased that I had done my best, I was a little disappointed that my designs weren't perfect. Much of the mistakes came from the fact that Jersey was a new fabric for me, and also that our machines at university are not designed for use with jersey fabric.

There was some misshaping on the hoody due to that fact that I steam ironed the fabric which damaged and flattened the jersey knit.  On the onesie, there was puckering around the leg seams.

Nonetheless I was really proud of my achievement within 8 weeks with a new type of fabric. Then I was amazed to hear over Easter that I had reached the finalist stages of the competition after Damart selected a panel of 11 designs.  This means that my designs would be remade in a more suitable fabric by the professional technicians at University before being photographed professionally on a model.

The next and final stage of judging is happening on the 7th May, when I will present my garments and speak about my ideas behind the design. I'm a little nervous, but really excited as well. Having seen my design come into reality has been very inspiring, and becoming a finalist has been an amazing bonus in the process.


Wish me luck!

Pippa






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Category

Twitter Updates

Instagram Photostream